Role - Senior Data Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 + months
Client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with advance knowledge of SQL, intermediate Java and API and python skills to help us build and evolve our data services.
Your primary focus will be the writing complex SQL queries, fine tuning and development of all server-side backend data processing logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end / API requests on Linux environment.
The project has three modules:
- Real time Data processing using Kafka, XML, Python and SQLAlchemy.
- ETL Data processing module developed in Python and SQL – Postgres.
- Rest API module developed in Java.
- Develop and maintain scalable ETL pipelines, build new pipelines and facilitate API integrations to support new requirements.
- Writing complex SQL queries to serve new requirements for ETL, data analysis and debugging.
- Writing SQL functions, procedures as required based on the requirements
- Fine tune or optimize queries to support the increasing volume of data.
- Debug Java, Python code, modify and enhance ETL applications based on the requirements on Linux environment.
- Writing reusable and efficient code in Java, Python and SQL.
- Develop Rest APIs using java libraries.
- Write unit, functional, regression tests for enhanced feature, maintain engineering documentation.
- Communicate closely with all product owners, Business and engineering teams to develop approaches for data platform architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals - OOPS, Data Structures and Algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience having hands on experience in writing, debugging and optimizing SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
- 3+ years in writing Java based code, debugging and knowledge of REST API.
- 2+ years of experience with hands on experience in writing, debugging Python code on Linux.
- Basic understanding of regular Linux commands and usage.
- Experience writing java and python applications that interact with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases.
- Strong knowledge in XML and JSON parsing with unit test and debugging skills.
- Knowledge in Kafka, EMS queues or any messaging platform gateway application
- Willingness and ability to learn new tools/languages as needed.
- Process oriented with excellent oral and written communication skill with a desire for customer service.
- An excellent team player and communicator who can work effectively with cross functional teams and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Experience and knowledge of ETL’s and basics of Data warehousing.
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis
- Data Services