Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Data Engineer in Lehi, Utah (UT).
We are looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways. You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, data, scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply these, and other skills, to new and ongoing projects to make data more available, and easier to discover and use.
Our teams comprise of cross-functional agile teams composed of a product owner, backend and frontend devs and DevOps. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in our best interest. Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience us while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
* Build systems and tooling to move and manage data from source systems quickly and seamlessly
* Train teams on proper data management for PII and other sensitive data
* Coordinate work efforts across multiple teams towards a common vision
* Ensure data quality and availability for products and downstream dependencies
* Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain
* Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
* Expert in SQL, Data stores, and analysis of data
* Experience moving and storing TBs of data or 100s of millions of records
* 5+ years of experience in any back-end language, (i.e. Go or Python); Java, or C/C++ experience is a plus
* Experience with and managing distributed streaming technologies such as Kafka and Change Data Capture
* Understanding of distributed systems and building scalable, redundant, and observable services
* 75% of health benefits paid
* 401k with match
* Unlimited PTO
* Fun new office with hair salon, gaming, ping pong, foosball, and snacks
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.