It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
When you hear "Big Data", do you think "the bigger the better"? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems working together with a top notch team? Are you obsessed with squeezing all the performance you can out of a system in oder to provide a mind blowing experience to the user? If so, we are looking for you. We need a Senior Data Engineer that is a cloud computing, web-scale and beyond, code ninja who will work on a cross-functional team to help uncover cyber threat information hidden in large amounts of data from various sources. Your primary focus will be in applying your software skills to build out the product and product execution platform that can injest insane amounts of data in near real time.Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Defining and implementing data ingest and real time predictive analytic platform
- Recommending and driving architecture around selected Iaas and Paas platform
- Keenly aware of performance implications of design and implementation choices and act as a champion on the team for reaching "I can't believe it runs that fast" performance
- Working closely with Data Scientists to advise on implementation of models for predictive analytics
- Seven to twelve years experience building cloud services, distributed systems, big data systems
- Proficiency in distributed computing principles
- Experience in utilizing compute at scale platform, tools and languages, e.g. MapReduce, Stream Processing, In-Memory Computing, Lambda Architecture, Kappa Architecture, etc.
- Experience utilizing NoSql
- Experience with ML Frameworks, e.g. Mahout, SparkML, etc.
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- BS Degree in Computer Sciences (or related technical degree with industry experience)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!