The data engineer will contribute to a highly collaborative data analytics team in the following ways:
1. Design and execution of ETL automation for creation of a data warehouse (with structured and unstructured data).
2. Design of visualizations and reports.
3. Communication of report outputs to end users. Data interpretation and full comprehension of report implications – active ownership of information and content, not passive reporting.
4. Full development lifecycle from requirements gathering to implementation for ad hoc reporting needs.
5. Ongoing architectural and process improvements to make sense of vast data sets.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in one or more realms of healthcare (claims data, epidemiology, life sciences or other). The data engineer should possess world-class technical skills as well as a team-oriented, collaborative teach/learn mentality. As a data engineer you are part technologist, part technical analyst. You will thrive on the design and build of reports in addition to the validation, communication and iteration of information in those reports.
In this role you will be required to think critically and solve new problems in collaboration with a data science team tasked with development of statistical analyses and machine learning, with the goal of improving overall firm knowledge and inform decision-making. As a member of a flat team, you will interact directly with end users to gather requirements, then build and test, then train and support on use of our product.
Chief Analytics Officer
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
Undergraduate degree in any computer-centric field including, but not necessarily limited to, MIS Engineering, Computer Science.
3+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable success building data “plumbing” (warehouse, ETL) as well as intuitive visualizations. Experience should include full lifecycle management of report design.
R, Python, Neo4j, NoSQL (Mongo or other), PowerBI, MapReduce (Hadoop, Spark), AWS (Athena, EMR
C# programming: 3 years (Required)
Healthcare domain: 2 years (Required)
R: 3 years (Preferred)
SQL: 3 years (Required)
Python: 3 years (Preferred)
ETL: 3 years (Required)
New York, NY (Required)
United States (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative