Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Remote/Sunnyvale CA
Enjoy’s data team is responsible for building and maintaining a world class data platform and set of self-service data tools and insights solutions that enables Enjoy’s leadership team, as well as product and business teams to become data driven. As a Data Engineer, you would not only partner with data analysts, but also work closely with business stakeholders, product managers, software engineering teams, as well as the leadership team to help prioritize and solve high impact business problems. You will be responsible for core data systems which the entire company depends on.
- Own and manage data engineering roadmap, architecture and deliverables by working with various engineering and business teams align on priorities
- Develop, build & maintain mission critical data pipelines that gather data from various internal & external sources
- Create optimized and scalable data models
- Develop, manage, operationalize & improve current data systems & processes.
- Always be on the lookout to automate and improve existing data processes for quicker turnaround and high productivity
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore data team members
- Develop a deep understanding of business & business processes.
- Communicate updates with the leadership team, as well as business & engineering stakeholders.
- Have a high sense of urgency to deliver projects as well as troubleshoot and fix data issues
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience building large scale data warehouse, big data platform as well as real-time systems
- Strong Database knowledge, Snowflake and postgres preferred
- Proficient in Complex SQL development and optimization.
- Proficient in Python development.
- Proficient with SDLC methodologies
- Experience in Data modeling & schema design.
- Strong understanding of master data management & data governance
- Experience with Unix/Shell scripting & Cloud tools
- Experience with Web development technologies
- Experience with Data workflow tools like Airflow, Pentaho etc
- Experience with implementing and operationalizing data quality architecture.
- Experience working with unstructured data format (Json/XML/Yaml)
- Experience with ETL development methodologies & tools.
- Exceptional Excel / Data Management skills
- Experience in ECommerce and Retail will be a plus