April 28, 2021
Senior Data Engineer Job Title:
Senior Data EngineerLocation
: Reston, VA About this Role:
Comscore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company. We measure what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We collect and process billions of events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with unlocked insights in their data. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team with a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. This job involves designing and maintaining big data web & engineering solutions capable of running efficiently and robustly at petabyte scale.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need
- Develop forward looking solutions that can creatively utilize data assets while being fault tolerant
- Leveraging best practices in extensible and reusable components to allow rapid development
- Define data models which tie together large datasets from multiple data sources.
- Design, Implement and maintain Data pipelines and data driven solutions.
- Build data platform at scale using AWS and Snowflake to solve complex business use cases.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Release Management, Research and Operations teams
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to deliver on product requirements
Preferred Skills (Plus):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in developing applications in professional environment
- 4+ years developing software using Java or Scala in Linux environment
- 4+ years Big Data Technologies - Cloud and/or On-Prem. Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, AWS expertise.
- Familiarity with Linux, shell scripting
- Comfortable with a variety of java build systems including ant and maven or similar.
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to understand & improve enterprise software apps while factoring in overall design goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability
- Ability to take lead in projects providing accurate estimates and collaborating with teammates and stakeholders as necessary to solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-On experience with Snowflake or similar
- Experience with a cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in Scala
- Strong background in DevOps related practices (CI/CD, containerization, orchestration, infrastructure automation, etc.)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Java web development using embedded Jetty and Play framework is a plus
- Self-starter attitude, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
At Comscore, were pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, were united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, wed love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.