***Please call me "Sid" at 408-550-1254***
***No Third-Party Candidate***
Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
Client: Fortune 50 Company
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 12 Months
- The Content and Customer Service Data Engineering team is looking for creative, curious, energetic professionals who are passionate about solving complex problems with data in creative and innovative ways.
- Our mission is to deliver timely, scalable and high quality data solutions and be a force multiplier by unlocking the full potential behind our data.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams in multiple projects building forward thinking, innovative data solutions that up-level our features and drive results in a data driven way.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of our cloud data infrastructure platform and overall data engineering tooling.
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams across the organization to further expand our teams data integration capabilities and best practices.
- Enhance our CI/CD tooling enabling the team to deliver timely solutions with robust, resilient infrastructure.
- Drive ideas and projects through deep understanding of our data and how it applies in the broader sense of the organization.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering / DevOps experience.
- Experience automating tasks using Python and other scripting languages.
- Prior experience building infrastructure in AWS or similar cloud services utilizing Cloudformation / Terraform or similar Infrastructure as Code tools.
- Experience building and maintaining BigData infrastructure using Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark or similar open source technologies.
- Well versed in networking technologies - able to figure out what is required to get things done.
- Background in software engineering - able to write elegant, scalable and maintainable code.
- Experience with diverse SQL and NoSQL platforms.
- Experience with Airflow/Jenkins and similar scheduling CI/CD tools.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment.