Harrisburg, PA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Data Integration Developer (ETL)
The Senior Data Integration Developer is responsible for using approved programming languages, operating systems and source code to create, enhance, and maintain Data Integration solutions that meet the identified functional and non-functional business requirements. This role will perform more complex assignments and have greater responsibility in the development process, and work closely with other Data Team members to build and enhance different types of Data Warehouse (DW) and Data Quality processes at the Agency. This role codes, analyzes, documents, configures, unit tests, maintains and supports DW, analytical, data architecture projects on site and in the cloud environment.This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Details on software and soft skill preferences:
- Several years experience with SQL ensuring this experience is recent understanding of Relational and Dimensional Modeling.
- Take initiative to get any work done. Even completing task outside of your job title Informatica PowerCenter development
- AWS Cloud Redshift Ability to use PowerCenter and Sql to design efficient ETL code
- Must be willing to take the lead for ETL best practices and provide guidance to other ETL development staff SAS, DB2, AIX, vi Editor, and Unix scripting
- Knowledge and experience developing in an Agile environment,
- Knowledge of Cloud and tools. S3, EC2, Python scripting, AWS Glue, AWS AthenaInformatica Enterprise Data Catalog sage, Informatica Data Quality experience
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Data Integration Architects in support of various types of DW and Data Quality projects.
- Lead development and execution of unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Lead testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform complex coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Assist in defining and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Present solutions and represents the Data Integration development team in code reviews.
- Represent the Data Integration development team in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Oversee and enforce documentation of all code changes.
- Collaborate with Data Integration Architects in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Develop and refresh code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Collaborate with IT Project Management team to identify and evaluate risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of Data Integration processes in production.
- Lead Data Integration development team in production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and five plus years of programming experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
- Hands-on experience with several industry leading programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases, open systems servers and operating systems and scripting.
- Hands-on experience with industry leading ETL tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Hands-on experience designing, building and supporting ETL code for populating dimensional databases.
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Experience developing within an Agile environment.
- Understand concept of DevOps.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Resent hands-on experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com