Senior Data ScientistWould you like to shape the future of energy technology?Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?Join our Team
As an energy technology company, Baker Hughes is leading at the tech edge, developing, and delivering technologies that will improve outcomes for our customers.
The BakerHughesC3.ai (BHC3) joint venture alliance is leading the development and deployment of AI/ML products and solutions for the oil and gas industry and enabling digital transformation working closely with our customers. BHC3 technology and services team consists of domain experts, data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers and architects who collaborate to solve the most critical problems in oil & gas industry.
Globally, the oil and gas industry is going through rapid changes and transitioning to more efficient systems and lower carbon goals from exploration to production to refining. Digital technologies and products leveraging large scale data, domain knowledge and advancements in AI/ML technologies are key to enabling our customers to achieve their goals and operate in a more demanding and uncertain global supply of energy.Summary
The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with other data scientists and analytics engineers as part of a cloud analytics team that will be responsible for curating and analyzing large sets of business and operations data of customers across several industry verticals. This is an opportunity to make an impact across multiple industries in a fast-paced environment where rapid prototyping and experimentation are prized.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Working with customers to capture data and analytics requirements
- Developing, verifying, and validating analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
- Working alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Working in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Performing exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Partnering with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
- Generating reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
- Communicating methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have:
Work in a way that works for you
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). PhD preferred.
- Have a minimum of 2 years as data scientist and technical hands-on coding experience
- Show advanced knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms/AI techniques including Deep Learning Techniques (RNN, CNN, GAN)
- Demonstrate experience with high-level languages and frameworks such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Apache Spark, Storm.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a variety of Deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, CNTK
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.