Requirements:Must be able to work on a W2 with my company or the client directly.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be building products that directly impact people's lives. Our client is searching for someone who will help employ statistical methodologies on high volumes of data to solve Client problems, build software and create actionable insights.
They are an experienced multidisciplinary team that covers the full lifecycle of project development, from idea stage all the way to production ready. They operate in a product model where you will work in a team of talented software engineers, as well as data scientists and designers.
- Working on analysis, model construction, and software engineering by researching statistical methods, building complex models, and training, testing and validating in order to deploy software.
- Meeting with leadership, understand business needs, often vague and conceptual, translates business needs into analytics tasks and presents results aimed at satisfying those business needs.
- Assisting leadership in the development of departmental strategy, particularly analytic strategy, and helps provide insights and direction of the team's vision.
- Making interpretations and connect results with business needs by tackling questions and exploring new innovative approaches.
- Mentoring and guiding team members and stakeholders
Nice to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience building production software, preferably on an Agile team
- Strong software engineering skills in Java, C++, and/or Python.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, software architecture, TDD
- Able to conduct analyses using R, Python or similar language
- Able to build dashboards using Tableau or similar BI tool
- Deeply comfortable with relational databases & SQL
- Solid understanding of common statistical methods especially regression models & probability
- Skilled at partnering with non-technical stakeholders to turn vague business problems into crisp analytical projects
- Act as a storyteller, synthesizing knowledge from a variety of sources and able to clearly communicate complex topics to different audiences
- Curious and self-motivated, thrive when working autonomously.
Location: NYC-Midtown East near Grand Central
- Experience with Search Engines, Big Data technologies, & basic understanding of machine learning algorithms.
Donnelly & Moore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate and embrace the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce, and strive to empower each individual.
When you are hired by Donnelly & Moore you enjoy these benefits:
- A 401K Retirement Savings Plan administered by ADP
- Eligibility to Purchase Medical, Dental & Vision insurance through Donnelly & Moore
DONNELLY & MOORE reserves the right to contract only with direct employers/sponsors of applicants and will not contract with intermediaries of applicants. Donnelly & Moore Corporation may request proof of such direct employment/sponsorship prior to considering any applicant"