Senior Data Scientist
Santa Clara, CA.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will need to have strong programming skills and deep understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. Your knowledge and experience in Data Science methodologies will be applied to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability by accelerating current offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead functional and technical analysis within businesses and for strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and be the ambassador for them in MI Communities within client, nurturing the communities and mentoring junior data scientists.
- Provide MI Competence build-up in Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI's needs
- Present and be prominent in MI related forums and conferences, e.g., presenting papers, organizing sessions and be a panelist
To be successful; one should have:
- MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Physics, or related field
- Applied experience: 5+ years of Machine Learning experience in data science.
- Proven experience writing production-grade software
- Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Strong Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Proven skills in Machine Learning, e.g., linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow and Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc
- Strong knowledge in Statistics, e.g., descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
You should also have:
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results