Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking to add a Senior Data Scientist to our team. This multi-disciplinary team will satisfy open-source information requirements by collecting, extracting, transforming, loading, and normalizing data for analytics, discovery, and reporting.Career:
We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose.
You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Use your expertise in statistics and data science methods as part of a team with engineering support to
- analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of open-source data.
- Create data packages from open-source information.
- Work with end-users to understand information needs and enable non-technical users to interact with large volumes of data.
- Create, validate and implement data models to solve problems and answer questions.
- Automate and optimize data extraction, cleaning, processing, and analysis functions.
- Extract relevant features from large data stores and a wide range of data formats and types.
- Apply natural language processing, computer vision, signal processing, and speaker/speech recognition algorithms.
- Apply descriptive and inferential statistics to describe data and make predictions.
- Execute data science methods using parallel computing frameworks (e.g., deeplearning4j, Torch, Tensor Flow, Caffe, Neon, NVIDIA CUDA Deep Neural Network Library (cuDNN), and OpenCV) and distributed data processing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop (including HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Giraph, Sqoop), Spark (including MLIB, GraphX, SQL and Dataframes).
- Execute data science methods using common programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, R, and commercial tools such as Tableau or Matlab.
- Communicate ongoing data science activities, findings, and products for technical and non-technical audiences through written reports, graphs/tables, and participation in meetings.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience with common programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, Scala and/or R) and parallel computing and distributed data processing frameworks.
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.