Job ID: 2114367 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team.in Huntsville, AL.
Note: This role offers temporary work form home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Huntsville, AL Position Summary:
Ideal candidate will be responsible for creating dashboard visualizations using agile methodologies. The f ollowing duties will be performed:
- Translate dashboard requirements from customer into deliverable
- Explore new data sources for applicability
- Integrate data sources using database scripts
- Implement business rules into data integration logic
- Build interactive dashboards that showcase relevant metrics
- Respond quickly to questions/challenges to dashboard results
- Brief dashboard to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain best practices and make recommendations to existing business processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under general direction on routine work.
- May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Coordinates deliverables with internal team and customer contacts.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Associates and 6+ years related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Familiarity with SQL or Oracle Database development
- Familiarity with Tableau (any version)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.