Senior Data Scientist
Our client is hiring an experienced Data Scientist. The candidate should have proven hands on experience with Cloud Based Cognitive Computing tools (e.g. IBM Watson, AWS Comprehend, or Azure Cognitive Services), Natural Language Processing & Information Retrieval, Document Classification, Semantic Analysis, Entity Recognition, and OCR applications.
Two (2) years of experience must include:
- Knowledge and experience in Classical Machine Learning & Deep Learning: Supervised, Unsupervised
Algorithms, (Naïve Bayes, GLM/Regression, Trees, Random Forest, Boosting Algorithms, Clustering
Techniques), Convolutional Nets, LSTM; advantages and drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts – hypothesis testing, regression, properties of
distributions, statistical inference, loss function optimization and their applications.
- Hands on ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) experience: extract data from structured, semi-structured,
unstructured sources via SQL, noSQL; data wrangling with Pandas/Numpy.
- Python NLP libraries: Spacy, NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Gensim
- Experience turning business requirements into a demonstrable proof of concept, packaging, deploying and
discussing its added value to the organization.
- Good grasp of information extraction from scanned documents by means of Computer Vision/Image Processing; abilities with cv2, object recognition. Able to engineer visual features for model training.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, ggplot, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams, creating power point
presentations and presenting to a technical & business audience.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- A drive to learn and master the bleeding edge of AI & Machine Learning.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, predictive analytics or another quantitative field plus two (2) years of related experience.