VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Database Administrator - Hosting Services
to support the IS
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Developing iterative screen mock ups and use of rapid prototyping to drive out requirements and design.
- Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements.
- Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into software development tasks.
- Working with Systems Engineers and Architects to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system.
- Designing, developing and testing code for the demonstration capability.
- Use of Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for software development.
- Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management.
- Providing demonstrations and detailed walk through of system features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Developing demonstration scenarios to highlight system features and support end user training.
- Capturing feedback and prioritizing proposed changes to the user interface.
- Developing system features and user interface in compliance with accessibility standards including Section 508.
- 10 years' experience with Oracle systems administration support for large scale environments.
- 10 years' experience installing and configuring Oracle databases
- Working knowledge of advanced Oracle 11 and 12 features such as RAC and Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- 10 years' experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- Experience with Oracle on VMs
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Minimum of 2 years' experience on premise to AWS migrations
- Working knowledge of data base backup and restore
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.