Altruista Health, Inc., is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join our dynamic and growing health care technology company as a Senior Database Administrator. Recently named one of Deloittes fastest growing technology companies, Altruista Health is a leading provider of patient-centric and customizable care management solutions for health plans and providers throughout the United States. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, were building solutions that positively impact peoples lives. If you're looking for opportunities for career advancement while performing meaningful work with great people, come join one of the Washington Metropolitan areas fastest growing companies! Highlights include:
* A competitive compensation package
* High quality health care plan
* Dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage
* 401(k) Plan with matching contributions and no waiting period
The Senior DBA is responsible for all activities related to the design, planning, implementation and administration of enterprise database systems. Is expected to be the database technical lead within our client-facing implementation team structure and sets best practices, approach and direction for the database technical aspects of our practice. Confers with database manager and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. The qualified candidate will display excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, coordination and client management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with engineering and infrastructure team to determine where the databases will reside in multi-tier distributed/shared applications, comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
* Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful client database implementation. ensures solutions are properly architected and specified, and partners with the project manager to ensure quality.
* Define database authorization rules, perform security audit, and perform platform assessment regarding proper support for the selected databases. Read and implement entity-relationship diagrams
* Handle multiple client implementations simultaneously and engage in problem solving activities with the client.
* Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
* Strong architectural knowledge of data warehousing methodologies to solve business intelligence challenges.
* Design and develop complex data models from high level business requirements. Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices for database design
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 7+ years of SQL database technology experience.
* In depth experience with database installation, configuration and upgrade.
* Well versed in Configuration and support of Windows Native Clustering and SQL Clustering and SQL Always ON technology.
* Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
* Expert level of performance and tuning skills.
* Excellent knowledge of SQL database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
* Possesses deep technical expertise in database design, ETL (SSIS), reporting, and analytics.
* Proven leadership skills and ability to manage instances with multiple operating system platform.
* Understanding of application development, database, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experiences in DW Appliances like Tableau will be a strong plus
* Experience in Big data technologies - Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL etc. is a strong plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While Altruista Health is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on a regular basis.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
#tech #database #dba