Senior Database Administrator Location:
Alpharetta, GA Overview:
Seeking a creatively talented Senior DBA responsible to help guide and teach other employees on the Data Services Team.Duties & ResponsibilitiesLeadership
- Enable the team to drive and own the complete life-cycle of technical projects - from inception to deployment and maintenance. Know when to jump-in and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Contribute technically to projects by taking on and completing key deliverables.
- Help the team coordinate dependencies across other projects and products through active partnerships with other Engineering teams and functions.
- Work with the team to ensure that tasks are completed. Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
The Senior Operations DBA is responsible to work with the other team members on the Data Services Team. Including:
Diagnose, Research & Resolve Support Requests
- Coaching and mentoring in day to day execution of their duties.
- Guidance including technical guidance, depending on their skills level.
- Conducting team meetings.
- KPI settings for the team and measuring against these indicators.
- Helping with the recruitment, selection and training of Data Services employees.
- Help drive setting short and long term objectives, policies and operating procedures for the Data Services team that meet the overall department goals.
- Designing and implanting training plans both using external training and cross-skilling initiatives.
- Respond to support requests made via telephone, e-mail, and ticketing portal to resolve technical issues
- Perform troubleshooting and document steps taken within ticket
- Resolve Tier 2,3 incident and security requests
- Monitor system performance for all mission critical applications to identify trends and gather data
- Identify recurring and potential problems
- Respond to alerts and notifications
- Release management
- Environment automation
- Non-production environment support
- Configuration management
- Change management
While it is not necessary to have expert knowledge of every Data Services tool, process and technology in the spectrum, it is required to have a strong working knowledge with many of the following technologies, or their commercial or open source equivalents. Broad awareness of different areas of Data Services is essential, coupled with willingness to expand the knowledge.
- 7+ years of experience with Operational Database Administration for MS SQL Server
- 7+ years of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Knowledge of SQL Server beyond 2016 a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server. Setup and maintenance for Always On / Availability Groups.
- AWS database configurations to include MS SQL and RDS. Aurora is a plus.
- 5+ years writing complex SQL (stored procedures, triggers, functions).
- Experience with data modeling and design for both relational database processing and data warehouse architecture.
- Strong data and business analyst skills.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.