Primerica currently has the following opening at our corporate office in Duluth, Georgia:
A Senior Database Administrator provides direction and support in the use of database technology to ensure database system accuracy, efficiency, and control. This involves working with multiple other team members, including application developers, system administrators, and operational business staff.
Education and Experience:
- Support application development staff using programming languages like COBOL, Java and C# to effectively access databases like DB2 for z/OS, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 LUW, MySQL, MongoDB and Cassandra. Perform data analysis and table design. Perform application performance analysis. Construct indexes, optimize bufferpools, evaluate installation options, and build stored procedures. Review table descriptions and related documentation. Provide direction and training in the use of SQL and database monitoring tools. Advise programmers regarding proper locking/commit/rollback alternatives and reorg/imagecopy frequencies.
- Work with z/OS, Windows, and Linux administrators in installing, maintaining, and configuring database management systems. Monitor storage pools and file system utilization to insure adequate growth capacity. Insure the successful operation of database replication, reorg, and backup/recovery utilities.
- Support Data Center operations staff to insure that minimal conflicts occur between concurrent batch job processing and web or mobile app transaction processing.
- Support home office business staff in accessing production database data using a variety of analytic tools. Support BI and analytic query and modeling tools. Advise end-user regarding data sources and query performance optimization.
- Work with security and audit staff to implement appropriate authorization, logging, and control mechanisms.
- Support QA and testing staff regarding the construction and maintenance of appropriate test data.
- Work with Enterprise System Architects and Data Architects in supporting a responsive DevOPS environment, and in evaluating improved analytic tolls.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training
- Minimum of 8 years IT work experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience with DB2 for z/OS, QMF, JCL, ISPF and z/OS.
- Minimum of 4 years experience each with three of the following: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, and Cassandra.
- Familiarity with JDBC and ODBC
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and technologies
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated and a good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Installation and maintenance of database software and related tools.
- Capacity (Processor, disk, thread pools, buffer pools)
- Disaster recovery
- Data access
- Object construction
- Ongoing object maintenance
- Data base design
- Application construction
- Data maintenance
- Subsystem or data base server performance
- Application tuning
- On-call support
- Vendor evaluation and coordination
Primerica is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our goal is to create more financially independent families. We are located in Duluth, GA. Primerica employees support our representatives to provide appropriate solutions through term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products. We insured more than 5 million lives and have over 2 million client investment accounts. Our stock is traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PRI”.
Seven years in a row Primerica has been recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as one of the best workplaces in Georgia! Over the past six years Primerica has consistently been voted Best Employer by Gwinnett Magazine in its special "Best of Gwinnett" winner editions.