Job ID: 2118948 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Senior Database Administrator
in support of the JBCP program located in Huntsville AL (Redstone Arsenal)
This position is temporarily a remote/ virtual / work from home position due to COVID-19, but will ultimately be required to be on-site in Huntsville, AL with a possibility of semi-remote work once restrictions are lifted for this location. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Administer and maintain RHEL 7/8 databases within an LXC environment
- Set permissions on certain databases based on customer driven requests
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for database management systems workstations and SQL servers on Windows Operating systems and Linux OX
- Produce various data artifacts to satisfy data requirements
- Work on writing queries and tuning already existing queries for better performance.
- Clearly communicate highly technical details to customers who have little or no database knowledge
- Support various DBA activities
- Write and implement algorithms to improve data quality
- Provide database backups and updates using automatic processes
Bachelor's degree five (5) years of experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. Required clearance:
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Security+ CE Certification
- Experience working with various DBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Experience setting up DBs tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, SpotLight, SSMS, SSRS, AWS QuickSight, ThoughtSpot, UiPath, etc.
- Experience with PostGres, MySQL, Maria, and RHEL 7/8
- Experience with STIG's/Scripting for STIG compliance confirmation
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.