Job ID: 2114695 Location:
VIRGINIA BEACH , VA , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator
to support the Ready, Relevant Learning Ecosystems (RRLE) program under the US Navy. This position will be located in Dam Neck/ Virginia Beach, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in the Spring of 2022. Job Description:
- Works as the database team leader with software engineering teams in order to create database architecture to accomplish the necessary goals of specialized computer software.
- Develops innovations, strategies, processes and best practices.
- Leads small teams of DBA's. Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements.
- Write and troubleshoot complex stored procedures.
- Has ability to design and create databases using an agile software development methodology.
- Has ability to design develop databases that runs in a Docker/Linux container environment.
- Has ability to create well designed, testable, efficient databases using best database development practices.
- Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science or similar Computer Engineering discipline
- 8 (eight) years work related experience in Database Administration
- Active Secret security clearance required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.