Title: SCM Project Manager
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
- Travel may be required to support gathering global requirements and supporting local system and process implementations; Average 20% but up to 50% for project needs.
- Software needs: They’ll need to be very capable users of MS Project and Excel. Reason is that I’ll need them to lead our operations team to define business requirements and ensure they can be translated to IT to be executed. From there, they’ll own the overall system deployment plan – handing off tasks to both technical and operations teams to ensure we hit our deployment dates and budget.
- Type of Skills: All major projects in my realm are software deployment and process improvement related. They need to be able to understand the basics of defining requirements, leading testing, and supporting deployments. One project is Application development, but most are deploying an already proven SAAS system.
- Client will consider paying expenses for non-local candidates.
- The Supply Chain Management PM/ SCM Project Manager will provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business, functional and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions and processes that are medium/large in size.
- The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Manager or Program Manager.
- Defining key project requirements and managing stakeholder expectations will be an essential part of this role.
- The SCM Project Manager will work closely with IT Project resources to coordinate project deliverables from design through deployment.
- Candidate must be punctual, show attention to detail, drive for results, and demonstrate outstanding customer service to stakeholders.
- Project manager need a combination of subject-matter expertise and project management skills.
- They must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and team leadership abilities, as well as the capacity to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
- Employers seek at least a bachelor’s degree (a master’s may be preferred) in computer science, management or an IT-related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience managing projects from inception to completion.
- A project management certification (PMP) is strongly preferred.
Typical duties include:
- Developing and managing project specifications, technical design and requirements
- Setting project timelines, milestones and deadlines
- Coordinating work with cross-functional team leaders and monitoring and reporting on project status
- Assigning tasks to staff consultants and supervising work