Senior Database Developer
The Senior Database Developer is primarily responsible for decision support to Finance, Accounting, and Shared Services. In this role you will be embedded in the Finance organization providing direct support to the business. Your extensive experience with MS SQL Server and Integration services will position you as a key-contributor to building and supporting the Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Audit Automation, and Reporting needs of the organization.
• Provide for data warehouse design/optimization, development of stored procedures, DTS/SSIS packages, jobs, and database scripts in support of projects to achieve the company's strategic and regulatory objectives.
• He/she is also responsible for developing original work product and performing code review on other associates development work
• Develop and document technical requirements for database-related developments from functional requirements requested by the business
• Provide support for the migration of business systems and integration of business data associated with corporate acquisitions.
• Code stored procedures of high complexity and SSRS outputs to meet documented requirements
• Conduct Index and Performance Analysis to ensure products provide optimal performance
• Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
• Facilitate discussions among other database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
• Working with other database developers & both IT and Business management
• Requires little direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
• Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs on performance, scalability and maintainability.
• Works effectively with Internal & External Clients
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of database and data warehouse design
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of T-SQL programming
• Demonstrates expert knowledge SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of performance tuning and trouble-shooting
• Strong knowledge of web services (SOAP,REST,XML), and API. BI Publisher and OIC desired.
• Strong Knowledge of SDLC
• Strong experience Testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
• Advanced skills and experience with ETL concepts
• Experience with C# and .NET Framework
• Experience in data warehouse design including star schemas and handling large volumes of data
• Experience operating in an IT Controls SOX environment
• Enterprise development experience
• Familiarity working with TFS
• Ability to effectively communicate requirements & design specifications within & across teams
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, BICS, etc.)
• Adaptability/Stress Tolerance
• Juggling multiple priorities
• Problem solving
• Planning and Organization
• BS in Computer Science, related degrees, or equivalent experience
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing