The Senior Database Developer is responsible for developing, managing and supporting data centric application solution strategies that transform and utilize data to provide actionable intelligence to the organization. The database developer works in various sectors, performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities in addition to performing database administration tasks as necessary to support the Lead Database Administrator.
- Eight (8) years designing complex database structures in SQL Server
- Five (5) years creating and supporting ETL processes with SSIS
- Five (5) years SQL Server administration with recent experience in SQL 2016 or higher
- Demonstrated proficiency with T-SQL DDL, DCL, TCL, and DML
- BI and Analytics solutions using Power BI, SSRS, and Excel
- Experience working with source control repositories
- Python and PowerShell scripting
- Valid Texas Driver License
- MCITP: Database Developer or MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field
- SSAS Tabular and Multidimensional modeling experience.
- Enterprise Data Catalog
- Machine learning with linear regression and classification
- Master Data Services
- DAMA EIM framework experience
- Agile with Scrum and Kanban
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, assess business requirements and take ownership and responsibility over projects.
- Complete lifecycle management of the database environment.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into functional and/or technical specifications.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of an Enterprise Information Management program using the DAMA framework.
- Performance and capacity management to provide a stable production environment.
- Review work and assure adherence to best standards and practices.
- Create database models with a focus on optimization, modernization, and performance improvement.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, replication, and monitoring)
- Work as a team by mentoring and coaching team members in areas of expertise.
- Possess experience in all stages of database project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment as well as tier 2 and 3 level support)
- 70/30 split between development and administration tasks.
- Perform other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Analytical and problem solving abilities within a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task to ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Planning - ability to think ahead and plan over two years.
- Customer service oriented attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Vertex Solutions Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, genetics, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
197 Route 18 South Suite 237S East Brunswick, NJ, 08816