Senior Data Engineer
Job Description This position is in our La Jolla office and is a hybrid work dynamic with 3 days on-site and 2 days remote. Four 10-hour-day work weeks with a 3-day weekend is also available, if interested. OVERVIEW
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
CoStar's software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transactions in the United States. These transactions range from a small business owner leasing their first office space to a large multi-national buying a new headquarters campus. On any given day, our developers are building products that manage nearly a trillion dollars of potential real estate transactions. As a member of the Product Data Services team, you will be working on the Enterprise applications our employees use every day. Responsibilities
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available data solutions.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge? Skills & Qualifications
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products that leverage terabytes of data
- 5+ years of SQL Server engineering experience
- 3+ years in ETL/data pipeline (SSIS) engineering experience
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and design new architectures, data models, and ETL strategies
- Expertise in database design, complex T-SQL programming, performance tuning, and index analysis
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
- Define Database Architecture and Development best practices
- Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices.
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Experience with AWS SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus. Experience with integration products like Glue, Lambda, AWS Data Pipeline, and/or Database migration services a plus
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions, and current availability.
Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; Ten-X, our cutting-edge commercial real estate auction platform, STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 5,500 worldwide.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing