JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are actively seeking Senior Database Engineers to apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases for a Mission customer. The selected candidates will provide technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the production of valuable intelligence to facilitate positive mission outcomes.
- Lead development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Develop requirement recommendations from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of related experience
My SAIC Benefits.