BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
As the market leader in providing financial services and expertise to the world's most innovative tech and life science/healthcare companies and investors, SVB possesses what is arguably the most valuable dataset in the startup and venture capital ecosystem. Through the Analytics and Sales Operations team, we place a strong emphasis on being a data-driven organization by empowering our sales teams across each of our major business units with these powerful data. In addition to our emphasis on data, the ASO team ensures SVB's complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly through technology, training, and enablement. Our team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done
The Senior Decision Scientist will be part of the Enterprise Business Analytics ('EBA') team directly supporting SVB's Start-up Banking with data driven reporting and analytics and insights. This position provides the opportunity for you to flex your relationship management skills as well as lead significant analytic initiatives and directly impact business strategy
• Work directly with leaders from SVB's Startup Banking team to understand and deliver on their data and analytic needs
• Develop and automate reports and dashboards, iteratively building and prototyping solutions to provide insights at scale that address priorities of the Start-up Banking team
• Synthesize data analysis into easily understandable stories for your business partners in Start-up Banking
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner that your business partners can understand and use
• Bachelor/master's in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Operations Research
• 5+ years of experience in analytics and/or business intelligence space
• Solid experiences in a consulting environment, either as an external consultant or directly supporting the needs of an internal team,
• Experience with SQL for querying databases and Tableau for data blending and visualization
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to frame business questions in data and analytical terms
• Strong focus on translating analytical results into action-oriented recommendations for the business
SVB fills approximately 30% of our openings through referrals. Our employees are our best talent ambassadors. To refer a friend, colleague or other individual to this job opening, click the 'Refer' button next to 'Apply'. For more information on SVB's Employee Referral & Talent Leads program, including eligibility and payout information, please visit The Source .
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.