VariQis seeking a Senior Remote PC Support Technician
to support the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC. Additional Information:
- Location: mostly remote position (still need to be able to commute to Vienna, VA as needed)
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: None
- Available: Within 2-3 weeks
- Provide remote support of customers and install technicians in the field.
- Involves troubleshooting of computer equipment as well as end-user support for remote customers working from home or in regional offices out of state.
- Technician must have strong customer service, communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- The candidate will be coordinating with non-technical staff with opening new regional offices and will guide onsite technicians over the phone in performing hands-on hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Five to Seven years of experience providing IT desktop support with a minimum of one year using PC remote support tools in a call center/service center environment.
- Understanding of computer imaging, installation, and set-up via remote connection in an enterprise network.
- Ability to create and manage Active Directory users and computers and Exchange mailboxes.
- Knowledge of and ability to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 users including Outlook, Word, Excel and One Drive.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot connectivity and configuration for VPN users.
- Must have basic understanding of WAN/LAN terminology, i.e., subnets, firewalls, IP ranges, ports, etc. with ability to troubleshoot connectivity for office locations.
- Experience using incident and service request tracking software, i.e., Remedy or other ticketing system.
- Familiarity with configuration of mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Android and Familiarity with Mac/Apple OS X with or without a Windows VM (boot camp or Parallels/VMWare)
Schedule and place of performance:
- Experience with CRM software support
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- A+/Net+ Certified
- Macintosh/Apple certification, ACMT, ACSP or other.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Period of performance is November 9, 2020 through April 1, 2021.
- Typically 8 hour shifts, 5 days per week, 40 hours with 30 minutes non-billable lunch breaks. Starting in January, shift flexibility will be needed to cover installation tasks between 8am and 9pm, Monday- Friday. There may be occasional weekend and holiday work to accommodate customer demand and west coast offices.
- Subcontractor is expected to report to our central office in Vienna, VA and may be combined with some at home remote work during the pandemic.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.