This is a Site Reliability Engineering role in SAMS Technology Operations team to support the Direct Indexing team. In this business facing role, the candidate will be interacting with several internal and external teams, driving issue analysis and resolution, recommending solutions, and helping to promote the overall support strategy. What you are good at
What you have
- Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to SAMS Technology until it is resolved, or a workaround is provided to end users.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
- Work with development teams at the appropriate stages in application development to ensure any new systems or projects meet the Production standards
- Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
- 5+ years of DevOps or SRE experience in a Linux environment
- 5+ years of Cloud experience with AWS
- 5 years of experience supporting application that use the following AWS services
- AWS Batch
- DMS (Database Migration Service)
- ECS (Elastic Container Service)
- ECR (Elastic Container Registry)
- 2+ years SQL experience
- Solid understanding of Cloud architectures and best practices
- Strong Linux sysadmin skills, the shell is your best friend
- Proficiency in scripting languages including Bash and Python
- Practical experience with Docker containerization
- Strong experience with CI/CD tooling, preferably Bamboo
- Experience with IaC, preferably Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Salt
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Working familiarity with Informatica ETL
- Financial industry exprience.
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- AWS certifications
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.