Are you passionate about solving dynamic cybersecurity problems? Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data that is constantly growing? Come join Cisco's Talos Research & Intelligence organization.Who we are
The Talos Backend Software DevOps organization plays a pivotal role in providing critical security intelligence, data, and tools to both the research teams and Cisco security email, web, and firewall products to protect our enterprise customers from cyberattacks.Role and Responsibilities
You are an engineer who is passionate about DevOps and building deployment automation that enables automated configuration, management, and scalability of cloud microservices and infrastructure processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and versatile team working on new and exciting challenges in the next generation security backend space.What you'll do
We want you to help engineer, implement and expand Cisco cloud infrastructure security micro-services.
- Maintain the full lifecycle of services for the day-to-day systems operations functions of the Talos Backend platform using configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesosphere DC/OS and CI/CD tools such Jenkins, and GitHub.
- Maintain services by monitoring and measuring availability, latency, and overall system health. You'll drive improvements by introducing new technologies or developing new tools.
- Resolve Talos Backend issues by implementing long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
- Collaborate with Developers, QA and Automation team members to ensure successful completion, deployment, integration, maintenance, and operations of solutions, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Participate in the weekly on-call rotation along with the rest of the team.
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps, Cloud Operations, Site Reliability, Systems or Software Engineer involved in the automation of systems processes.
- Knowledgeable in one or more development languages of Go, Python, or Scala.
- Your networking skills are admired by most.
- People come to you seeking guidance for your expertise with Unix/Linux.
- You champion the Software Development Process, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- You have previous experience developing or implementing configuration management with either Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- You're no stranger to software development using Agile/Scrum practices.
- You have at least a BA/BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, and RabbitMQ is also desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Why Cisco
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco