Please send resume in Word format if you are interested in this Senior DevOps Engineer / Enterprise Architect / API Gateway Engineer opening in Washington, DC 20002. This is a 5-8 YEAR engagement and we have had people on assignment for more than 8 years already. This can be a fulltime position with a salary in the $130K-$150K range plus benefits or an hourly rate in the $70/hr - $80/hr range (10-99 or W2). If you are not interested, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
- Design, build, manage and operate an OpenShfit Container Platform to support production workloads for the Judiciary.
- Install and configure open source projects to create proof of concept demonstrating new capabilities
- Integrate components and develop services on top of OpenShift to facilitate minimal developer friction with platform and encourage automation.
- Evaluate performance trends in and expected changes in demand and capacity; and establish the appropriate scalability plans.
- Evaluate changes in open source projects communities to stay abreast of current trends and improvements.
- Access business viability of new technologies. Consult with other architects, system level IT managers, and customer groups to assess and evaluate current strategies
- Lead development of architectural principals to support business goals
- Recommend and maintain technology related policies and procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree and 5 years of IT experience (or a Bachelors and 8 years.)
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering and running applications in production
- At least 2 years managing production applications running in containers
- At least 1 year architecting enterprise container orchestration platforms (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, DCOS, Cloud Foundry)
- Expertise working with open source and/or commercial continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, Bamboo)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience providing observability to containerized applications (e.g. metrics, logging, tracing)
- Self-motivated and collaborative IT professional with a strong background in software development and IT automation.
- Open Source contributor
- At least 5 years as application architect
- Experience migrating legacy applications into containerized environments