Job Title : Lead DevOps Engineer
Job Location : Adelphi, MD 20783
Position Type : Direct Placement
Alta IT Services, LLC. is looking to hire a DevOps engineer who has rich experience in cloud technologies in varied environments, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure and AWS. The Cloud Devops Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. Successful candidates will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will have worked in Microsoft Azure and AWS environments leveraging services beyond basic IaaS provisioning. If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, we should talk.
- BS or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience in a Lead position or standalone environment where one has had to recommend and/or give guidance on best methods for automation deployments.
- Detailed experience with end to end automation deployments utilizing Jenkins pipelines.
- Strong experience with AWS technologies: EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancers, Command Line, CloudFormation, Elastic Bean Stalk, etc...
- Strong Scripting Experience in Bash, Perl, Python, Java.
- In depth Engineering experience in building production infrastructure using code and repeatable designs.
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure and AWS.
- Strong Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, and System Center.
- Experience developing automation for a number of infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Knowledge of networking and software-defined networking in cloud environments.
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability.
Preferred Skills (nice to have):
- Strong Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience in DevOps standalone environments.
- Masters degree in related field.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.