Senior DevOps Engineer
Who are we? CoStar Group is the leading data provider of Multi-residential and Commercial Real Estate Data in an industry valued at over 13 trillion dollars. We own and run some of the most highly trafficked sites like www.Apartments.com, www.ApartmentFinder.com, www.Loopnet.com, www.LandsofAmerica.com etc. We provide industry professionals and consumers of commercial real estate and apartments with critical knowledge to explore and complete transactions by offering the most comprehensive, timely and standardized information and the right tools to be able to effectively utilize the same.
We are looking for a Devops engineers to join our team in Orange County, DC and Chicago. In this role, your key role is to ensure that our highly trafficed sites like apartments.com, loopnet.com etc are always available, the applications work well with the infrastructure and identify new technologies to help the applications scale.
Who are you? You are a self starter, love the challenge of solving problems like automating tasks that cannot be automated, building solutions to ensure that applications handle more and more scale. You consider yourself a borderline developer but you prefer scripting and being in operations.
* Manage multiple products across the organization to include www.Apartments.com, www.LoopNet.com to name a few.
* Manage all components in the full stack, and assist with building out server automation across the entire infrastructure.
* Ensure critical systems, applications, and services are always up and running by monitoring, gathering, and analyzing data from different network sources.
* Oversee and administer the operations and processes of a virtualized environment.
* At least 5 years of experience managing a highly available public facing webserver or website.
* Expertise in configuring, maintain and troubleshooting issues.
* Hands-on experience in at least 2-3 of the following:
- Chef or Puppet or similar tools,- F5, Web configurations, caching, and content delivery networks.- Scalable and open architecture of IIS.
* Experience with monitoring tools.
* Experience with Virtualization.
* Deep understanding of storage and Networking.
Good to have:
* Experience with AWS or Azure
* Have supported iOS or Android applications.
* Experience with SSIS and ETL.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing