We are seeking a Devops SRE to join our technical operations team. You will help define systems, tools, and platforms on which infrastructure and applications are deployed and operated. As we migrate to the cloud, you’ll work with our DevOps engineers to ensure the quality, operability, and security of services through careful design and automation.
- Strong familiarity with managing AWS infrastructure.
- Programming languages such as Go, Java or Python.
- Shell scripting with bash.
- Docker and Kubernetes in both development and production environments.
- Modern application performance monitoring tools like NewRelic or Datadog.
- Continuous integration and delivery platforms such as CircleCI, or Jenkins.
- Management of on-premise, private-cloud and bare-metal infrastructure.
- Deployment/configuration management systems like Puppet and CFEngine.
Proven Characteristics for Success
- An enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- An ability to work closely with a team to troubleshoot issues.
- A passion for maintaining site high-availability.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience with service architecture, including service discovery, monitoring, caching, centralised logging, reliable background job processing and circuit breaking.
- Experience with information security and data privacy a plus. This position reports to the CISO.
- History of operationally minded behaviour, particularly with tools like Terraform, cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, and orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- Experience with F5 and varnish