Senior DevOps EngineerLocation:
Salt Lake City, UTStart Date:
Jan 16, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description: Senior DevOps Engineer Salt Lake City, Utah Direct Hire $95K-$135K
As a critical part of the DevOps team, you must have the ability to bridge the gap when working with the Development, QA, Operations and Project Management teams. The core responsibilities of Senior DevOps Engineers include:
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Maintain Cloud services and infrastructure - IaaS (AWS preferred) and PaaS.
- Build deployment solutions for Java, .NET and Apache/PHP applications.
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to Java (JBoss), .NET and Apache applications.
- Install and configure tools and applications in a repeatable, consistent manner on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Create repeatable configurations using tools such as Salt, Ansible.
- Ensure applications and infrastructure are implemented in a sustainable, secure manner.
- Support code versioning tools both on-premises and in the cloud (Git).
- Participate in on-call rotation and work closely with Development teams on identifying, problem solving and resolving issues that impact software releases and service delivery.
- Design documents, and implementation plans while leading teammates to develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify potential security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Guide engineers to establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Proactively initiate feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new application and automation initiatives.
- Primarily focused on business outcomes and business ROI for solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field required, or, equivalent work experience.
- Proficient with building Continuous Integration and Deployment tools using Git, GitLab CI, CircleCI; Electric Cloud a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux (CentOS preferred, Ubuntu a plus) and Windows servers.
- 3+ years of experience with web server administration Apache, Jboss, Weblogic.
- Proficient with configuration management with tools such as Salt or Ansible.
- Experience performing complex scripting tasks using Python (preferred), PHP, Powershell, Bash.
- Cloud services and infrastructure (AWS, Heroku)
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com