Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior DevOps Engineer:
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background in cloud operations and infrastructure automation to join our high performing engineering organization. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Boomi you will work collaboratively with software engineers and fellow devops engineers to automate the building, management, monitoring, and scaling of our Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure in an environment of rapid growth. You’ll be responsible for the deployment, technical accuracy, and completeness of integrated system designs across our development, testing, staging, and production environments. We’re not looking for a follower - we expect you to take ownership and to start implementing solutions and solving problems right away. We'll expect you to contribute ideas to improve our architecture and our processes in addition to writing code.
- Own and improve our infrastructure, deployment, and monitoring efforts
- Continuously monitor and improve the stability, performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the Boomi environment
- Implement security best practices, from OS-level patches to organizational methods
- Work closely with development teams to provide system engineering support, ensure production readiness, and solve systems problems
- Create internal tooling to improve the Boomi developer and devops experience
- Develop and test responses to disaster recovery scenarios
- Assist with infrastructure planning and implementation
Essential Job Requirements
- Significant experience building, scaling, and operating services on AWS
- Experience automating the provisioning of cloud infrastructure (we’re using CloudFormation, but experience in any similar tool is valuable)
- Experience automating the configuration of servers / virtual machines (we’re using Ansible, but experience in any similar tool is valuable)
- A solid understanding of the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS)
- Experience in leading the resolution of production-affecting incidents
- Experience with production application systems monitoring, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting
- A team player who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to a high-caliber team
Nice to Have
- Experience supporting SaaS and Cloud based software solutions
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining production JVM web applications.
- Database administration and tuning
- Administration of Elasticsearch clusters
- Experience with Agile and Kanban Processes
- Proficiency in software languages such as Java, Python, C, Bash, etc.
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker or ECS
- Experience with Git