Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City
Job Type: Full time/Permanent
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Maintain Cloud services and infrastructure - IaaS (AWS preferred) and PaaS.
- Build deployment solutions for Java, .NET and Apache/PHP applications.
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to Java (JBoss), .NET and Apache applications.
- Install and configure tools and applications in a repeatable, consistent manner on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Create repeatable configurations using tools such as Salt, Ansible.
- Ensure applications and infrastructure is implemented in a sustainable, secure manner.
- Support code versioning tools both on-premises and in the cloud (Git).
- Participate in on-call rotation and work closely with Development teams on identifying, problem solving and resolving issues that impact software releases and service delivery.
- Design documents, and implementation plans while leading teammates to develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify potential security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Guide engineers to establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Proactively initiate feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new application and automation initiatives.
- Primarily focused on business outcomes and business ROI for solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field required, or, equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux (CentOS preferred, Ubuntu a plus) and Windows servers.
- 5+ years of experience with web server administration - Apache, Jboss, Weblogic.
- 5+ years of code deployment experience (Java, .NET/PHP a plus).
- Strong understanding of application and server architecture, including networking, software deployment and OS configuration.
- Proficient with configuration management with tools such as Salt or Ansible.
- Proficient with building Continuous Integration and Deployment tools using Git, GitLab CI, CircleCI; Electric Cloud a plus.
- Experience with Integration and CLI tools (AWS CLI, Heroku CLI, RESTful API s, etc).
- Experience performing complex scripting tasks using Python (preferred), PHP, Powershell, Bash.
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, Artifactory.
- Experience with source control tools - GIT (preferred), SVN, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with NetScaler or other load balancing technologies a plus.
Keywords: DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer