Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Sr. DevOps Engineer
will require you to develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices. Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff. You will resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will build products focused on development lifecycle automation. You will work with the cloud engineering team to build continuous integration and continuous deployment practices and products.
- Evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions and develop standardized best practices for use within the customers environment
- Lead Jr. DevOps team members and application owners to help build a standard approach to the development lifecycle.
- Assist cloud engineering in designing and incorporating DevOps tool sets into container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), or Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations.
- Lead with Jr. DevOps team members to automate logging, monitoring, approval workflows, or other tasks as needed
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architecture and best practices
- Evangelize internally and to the customer the value propositions of products built
- Guide cloud engineering product roadmaps and adoption of cloud based technology
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff.
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Package Management tools: rpm, pip
- Container build and orchestration: Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm
- Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins, GitLab
- Dependency Management tools: Maven
- Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Cloud platform services: Azure or AWS
- Versioning and Git based source control
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Familiarity with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Knowledge of product development and the ability produce reusable and consistent solutions
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Familiarity with open source software stacks like JBOSS / Wildfly
- Familiarity with IBM Websphere
- Hand's on experience with software defined compute, storage, and network
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis, and more programmatically
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.