Ntrepid is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the engineering team for the company’s flagship product. The ideal candidate is someone who has a solid and successful background driving architecture, automation, infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, and tools development for enterprise software and systems. The candidate must have great communication skills and a passion for automating everything, and a sense of ownership. A proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining dependable, mission-critical systems and products is a must.
The successful candidate will be contributing to the architecture, automation, configuration management, tools development in an Agile environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in an enterprise Linux and Windows environment.
- Work with developers and the systems engineering team to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
- Build and innovate to replace large-scale manual operating processes with scripts and applications.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Driving analysis, design, and development of automation tools for deployment, development, and operational tasks.
- Contribute to build and deploy automation support (CI/CD).
- Develop infrastructure as code and testable infrastructure.
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to drive amazing results.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
- Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelors or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent (can be waived for corresponding experience) with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices.
- Extensive experience working with Linux and Windows in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience using configuration management software like CFEngine, Chef, Salt, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with CI tools such as Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Experience with Build Tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle.
- Good understanding of build pipeline, packaging, and artifact management.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or PowerShell.
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Xen.
- Systems administration (Linux and Windows) background.
- Good understanding of security and systems best practices.
Technical - Preferred
- Knowledge supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Experience supporting Windows environments using PowerShell or Chef or other management tool.
- Knowledge supporting Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBOSS.
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with API driven infrastructure.
- Experience in supporting microservice architecture.
- Experience using containers is a plus (Docker, LXC).
- Experience with public clouds is a plus (AWS, Azure, RackSpace).