Looking for an ambitious Senior DevOps engineer to help us drive amazing results throughout our organization. You will be joining a transformation team , supporting a web-based B2B application that s critical to every line of business. You will play a crucial role implementing the technologies and processes necessary to transform the culture by changing the way we release code, monitor our systems, and perform maintenance.
This role will be heavily-involved in building out an automated CI/CD pipeline, implementing application performance monitoring, rolling out configuration management, building cloud infrastructure as code, and writing code necessary to automate all the things.
This role will be critical in improving our ability to manage and deploy cloud infrastructure as well as our ability to deploy application code faster, manage it more effectively, and have a great understanding of our systems as they affect our business. Working as part of a cross-functional team throughout the organization is critical to the success of this role.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that gives them the insight and empathy necessary to understand large scale application architectures, to be able to collaborate with the developers/administrators they are working with, and to maintain critical systems uptime for one of our most-heavily-utilized, customer-facing applications.
- Automate the deployment, configuration and management of cloud infrastructure in AWS and on-premise
- Stay on top of the most relevant, industry leading technologies and techniques to ensure a streamlined, efficient and productive development and operational environment
- Be a key person in resolving production related issues and ensuring we identify and remediate the root cause of problems
- Empower your customers to do their jobs more-quickly and more-effectively by reducing their dependence on you and your team
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration OR software development experience with at least 2 years in an environment with 500+ servers
- BS / BA Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience (5+ years of software development / engineering or IT operations)
- Vast experience with automation / configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Vast experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Team City, ANT, Maven, Gradle, and Cucumber
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCE, Azure
- Strong experience with cloud monitoring technologies such as NewRelic, DataDog, Nagios, AppDynamics, etc
- Previous experience working with relational (Oracle) and non-relational (No SQL) databases and data structures
- Previous experience administering, troubleshooting, and tuning java-based applications
- Advanced understanding of core protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and SSH
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts and IT infrastructure
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience using Lean and Agile techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping
- Experience with and migrating to Docker containers
- Container orchestration experience such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Amazon ECS
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture