We are hiring experienced DevOps Engineers in our new Pittsburgh office, presenting a unique opportunity to join our entry level team and help build the office culture from the ground up. We need smart, driven self-learners to solve our clients' problems by contributing to the technical design and implementation that best address our clients' challenges while working closely with their in-house teams to deliver quality solutions on time and within budget.
Risk Focus is a NYC-based company that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We full-time smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, You Will
* Lead analyses of a clients' existing infrastructures & software environments
* Design and prepare cloud migration plans and lead the implementation of those plans
* Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager Templates, or Hashicorp Terraform
* Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks, SaltStack formulas or Kubernetes Templates
* Monitor infrastructure and applications using tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, TICK, or Prometheus
* Create CI/CD pipelines using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Jenkins
* Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools
* Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career
All Candidates Must Have
* A bachelor's degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience
* At least 3 years of experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes
* Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix or Windows systems administration
* Advanced shell-scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH)
* Basic programming experience, preferably in Python, Ruby or equivalent scripting language
* Experience with automation/configuration management using SaltStack, Ansible, Chef or similar
* Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
* Effective written and verbal English communication skills
* Experience working in a distributed work environment
Ideal Candidates Will Also Have
* An advanced degree in something really interesting, or a compelling story
* Experience with:
* Large deployments on AWS, Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack
* Creating pipelines, managing pool of agents, tracking artifacts, etc.
* Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
* DevOps Engineering experience working in an Enterprise setting
* Experience working in a consulting capacity interacting directly with clientsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Network Engineering, Python, Bash Scripting, Unix System Administration