Solidus is searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage infrastructure via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for container-based applications. The DevOps Engineer will provide input and expertise to senior engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements while overseeing the automated deployment, roll-back, and monitoring of applications into software development, test, and production environment. This individual is expected to be a thought leader with respect to DevOps trends and technologies and mentor fellow DevOps engineers.
• U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain DoD Security Clearance
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field.
• 4-8 years' minimum relevant experience
• Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
• Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions i.e., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS
• Provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures i.e., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
• Container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
• Automated provisioning and configuration tools i.e., Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
• Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs
• Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior leadership.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science or similar field
• Active DoD Secret security clearance or greater
• Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar
• Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.