Senior DevOps Engineer for a Global Media Streaming Company in Los Gatos, Ca.
Our team s mission is to build a world-class Big Data Platform to bring value out of data for us, for our partners, and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support our exploding ad business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives. We are hiring a Sr. DevOps Engineer, Big Data Platform to be a key part of this mission.
- Design and implement self-healing, auto-scaling, and self-documenting infrastructure supporting Big Data Platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to accomplish objectives.
- Low level systems debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- You are self-driven, willing and able to take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions. You are constantly looking for ways to improve and/or automate your efforts.
- You are a driver of initiatives to streamline development & deployment, standardize on tools, and improve documentation quality.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a DevOps Engineer and BS in Computer Science or closely related domain.
- Proficiency in Bash and Python.
- Familiarity with SQL - good understanding about the basics of SQL (joins, creating tables) - this IS a Big Data team after all!
- Experience with and passion for experimentation and continuous integration.
- Hands-on experience with at least two core AWS features (e.g., CloudFormation ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, EMR, OpsWorks, ECS.
Type: Fulltime Position
Location: Los Gatos, Ca