Title: Senior Manager of Cloud, DevOps & Systems Engineering
Location: El Segundo, CA
Type: Direct Hire / Full Time Employee
The Sr. Manager of Cloud, DevOps & Systems Engineering is a senior position reporting to the Sr Director, Technology and is responsible for stellar execution, technical innovation and leading a talented team of DevOps, AWS Cloud Engineers, and Unix Administrators. This is a highly technical, hands-on role where you will be working in a large AWS stack, implementing Infrastructure As Code, leading the DevOps team to help reach their deployment goals, and guiding Linux (RedHat/CentOS) system administrators.
You will be responsible for service outages, reporting root causes and leading the team that will be responsible to resolve all PCI related configuration issues and patching of systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in building and leading technical teams and must bring a passion for managing people and a "leader-as-servant approach.
- Perform heavy System Administration / Operational Support duties for Linux environments
- Help plan and implement the migration of applications into containers
- Facilitate and contribute to the company's DevOps journey
- Contribute to building and maintaining a fully automated CI/CD pipeline for automated deployment of infrastructure, configurations, and applications
- Work closely with our PMO, Application and Development, and Security and Compliance teams to ensure consistent delivery of secure, scalable Enterprise solutions
- Work closely with Operations Leadership to properly translate solutions into Engineering and Operational activities and tasks
- Work closely with the Management team to define project requirements and timelines to minimize impact to Engineering integration and Operational support
- Work closely with Partners and vendors to help integrate and operate critical systems
- Lead technical research to enable continuing innovation within the organization to meet and exceed our customer and development needs
- Prepare and present technical and management reports as required
- Mentor team members to increase their skills, abilities, knowledge, and foster overall growth
- Ensure a highly available and scalable production environments with 24/7 operational support
- Plan and analyze risks associated with system upgrades (hardware/software)
- Design, implement, administer, contribute to backup and disaster recovery solutions for mission critical systems
- Collaboratively deliver robust technology releases in a defined and controlled process ensuring no production outages
- Support and improve the reliability, stability and scalability of our platforms
- Work with management prioritization process and make recommendations to improve system and work processes.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and contribute to defining or improving them when necessary
- Develop staff through effective direction, training, and performance management
- Recruit and retain top-level talent to scale teams while maintaining performance, quality, and best practices.
- Employ industry best practices to drive innovation, address technical debt and advance system architecture,
- 8+ years of experience as a Linux (RedHat/CentOS) Administrator including an understanding of administration, networking, performance monitoring, tuning, security hardening, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience leading a team of direct reports.
- 3+ years working in a DevOps team
- Strong working knowledge of building, deploying, and maintaining container ecosystems
- Strong understanding of fundamental DevOps concepts (technical and non-technical) and IT Operations in a mature environment.
- Strong customer-facing skills; ability to lead discussions with ease, ability to freely navigate challenges while gaining client trust, strong listening, negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Strong experience of implementing and maintaining AWS environments
- Experience architecting and supporting infrastructure for highly available, highly scalable, multi-tier web-based systems
- Must have a strong understanding of best practices for secure systems design and scalable, fault tolerant architectures
- Experience supporting LAMP stacks in a PCI level 1 Certified environment (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Scripting and programming skills (python, java, php, bash etc)
- Recent experience implementing Infrastructure as Code is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with both highly-technical teams and non-technical business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, technical environment with minimal oversight and in a professional manner.
- Ability to measure team and individual manager's performance through standardized key performance indicators, and ability to push the quality bar higher.
- Ability to manage managers and leads with a track record of successfully assembling effective teams and directing team to align with company goals and priorities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4-year College degree required; computer science or related technical degree preferred.
To indicate your desire to be considered for this role, please complete and return this very brief questionnaire:
Work Authorization/VISA Status:
Expected Pay rate on C2C/W2:
Updated Resume and your experiences with above job description.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks & Regards
Lokesh (Luke) | Talent Acquisition Specialist
i Space Inc | El Segundo, California 90245
Tel: 310-929-2426 | Fax: 310-563-3801