GEICO's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team uses machine learning and predictive analytics to improve system reliability to create a superior customer service experience.
We work with the major lines of business at GEICO that deliver mission-critical applications to our agents and our customers. The predictive models ingest machine data from many systems and application sources to build an understanding of the system components that affect customer experience. The SRE team support projects through the entire lifecycle, from problem definition to data exploration, modeling, analysis, and deployment into production. We work in a highly collaborative environment across teams to ensure the model is working as expected and continually tune and address issues as they arise in our changing environment.
We are looking for a Systems professional/DevOps Engineer with strong data analytical skills to help develop models that takes advantage of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to detect issues before they impact the customer experience. The candidate must have strong analytical skills to gain insights from a myriad of application monitoring and telemetry data in the area of Cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, Dynatrace SaaS, Splunk and SQL Server, and CosmosDB. The candidate must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
• Analyzing system infrastructure and performance metrics to identify actionable insights
• Designing and deploying predictive models using Splunk ITSI
• Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, data science, mathematics, engineering, physics, etc. Advance degrees preferred
• 2+ years of combined academic/industry experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, advanced analysis
• Strong skills with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Services, Microsoft App Insights, Microsoft Azure Log Analytics, Splunk, Splunk ITSM (preferred)
• Strong programming skills using common data science tools such as Python (strongly preferred).
• Strong skills in data processing using SQL (preferred)
• Solid understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.