**US Citizens or Green Card only
Coveros is seeking DevSecOps Engineers to join our team and help provide our clients with modern, secure, DevSecOps pipelines.
The DevSecOps Engineers are responsible for the design and implementation of an application s build, release, and deployment infrastructure as well as the automated management of the application configuration. They are expected to have an understanding of modern Software Development Lifecycle techniques, like Agile, and familiarity with automation tooling for developing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines. DevSecOps Engineers are an integral part of agile development teams and use agile methodologies to deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in cloud environments. They help application and pipeline security shift left through the integration of security best practices. The Senior DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership and develop the skills and capabilities of more junior DevSecOps Engineers.
- Work as part of a team of consultants to coach, train, and implement DevSecOps practices and culture across varied clients
- Lead DevSecOps efforts and act as the technical SME for DevSecOps on the Agile software development team
- Work with software developers to troubleshoot issues in configuration of operating systems and
- Automate the build, test and deployment infrastructure to support of Agile software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex, technical software development, testing, and infrastructure issues
- Implement test automation tools, building automated infrastructure, and creating CI infrastructure
- Develop high-quality automated tests to support DevSecOps practices
- Collaborate with business teams, developers, and testers to define and implement automated DevSecOps processes
- Ability to manage agile teams and facilitate agile ceremonies, including retrospectives, scrum meetings, and peer reviews
- Coach and mentor junior team members in delivering high quality work in support of DevSecOpsParticipate in Thought Leadership activities by writing blogs, delivering internal knowledge sharing sessions, and, as needed, creating and delivering technical training
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent technical degree
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 6+ years of experience in Linux and UNIX administration
- 4+ years of prior experience building CI/CD pipelines using configuration management and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Helm)
- 4+ years of experience with leading small technical teams in an operational setting, including assigning or overseeing tasks and providing technical support
- 2+ years of experience in powershell scripting and active directory
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying, and troubleshooting Docker containers
- 2+ years of experience in orchestration schedulers like Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker Swarm.
- Deep understanding of one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) with experience architecting and implementing cloud native application
- Familiarity with security testing tools, like OWASP ZAP, IBM App Scan, Fortify, Checkmarx
- Demonstrated professional experience with Agile methodologies and software development
- Ability to support internal and external customers on multiple platforms
- Proven ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Experience with Threat Modeling and preventing common vulnerabilities and hacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ethical hacking certification(s)
Coveros is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.