Role: Senior Developer - Data Management with Pharmaceutical background
Location: Foster City, CA
Full Time/Direct Hire
Axtria is a data analytics and software technology company we focus heavily on sales and marketing functions in the life sciences. We provide cloud-based solutions to help life science clients with digital transformation of their commercial operations.
Axtria combines strong process knowledge of Pharma commercial operations, data analytics and software. Our cloud platforms SalesIQ , MarketingIQ and DataMAx are the most advanced and built specifically for the life-science industry.
A strong track record in delivering customer value by being innovative, flexible and transparent has enabled Axtria to become the fastest and now one of the largest providers of Pharma commercial operations solutions. In short eight years, the company has grown to over 950 employees. We work with over 75 life-science customers including many large and specialty companies.
We are currently hiring for Senior Developer professionals experience with Data Management for our Cloud Information Management practice in New Jersey.
Delivery and Project Management
- Responsible to delivery projects while working in global delivery model with internal and client teams to conceptualize, build, test and deploy data management solutions related to data warehousing & master data
- Responsible to ensure that the solution meet client needs, is robust and best-in-class
- Responsible to work with client business and IT teams and internal delivery teams and act a bridge between them
- Ensure that the solution delivered meets stringent quality criteria create and review test strategy, test plans, test cases and their successful execution.
- Be ready, willing and capable to do hands-on data management work leads entire or part of the work streams.
- Responsible to meet project timelines and communicating progress, risks, status and working with senior leadership to mitigate risks
- Responsible for defining, creating & maintaining project documents, such as - Project plans, requirements, mapping documents, design documents, test cases, issue trackers etc.
- Responsible to coordinate, conduct & manage requirements workshops, SIT, business UAT & feedback sessions with client business and IT teams
- Responsible for creating processes to drive efficiencies & executing them to support long term sustainment & operations projects
Client Solution Development
- Understand client business needs, technology landscape, gaps in legacy technology, and recommend Technology Solutions to meet their (immediate and long-term) needs
- Work closely with client partners and account managers respond to RFIs, RFPs.
- Lead solution design & guide development of the solution; Demonstrate technical leadership and good understanding of business (problem, needs and intricacies)
- Lead medium size projects, and manage the execution by planning project activities, assigning tasks to team, tracking and monitoring the tasks, and working with close coordination with the senior leadership (both client and internal)
- Train, mentor, coach and manage junior team members
- Contribute to Estimation & Pricing for client and internal projects along with senior leadership
- Identify and develop use cases, POCs, demos to demonstrate our capability and in our ability to understand and address business problems
Desired Skills & Experience
Knowledge (and hands-on experience) of at least: One database technology (such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza, My SQL, PostgreSQL), AND One ETL technology (Informatica, Alteryx.), OR One MDM technology (Reltio, Visionware, Informatica) Excellent communication skills oral and written (must be able to represent Axtria and lead discussions with both technical and business leaders internally and externally) Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines & documenting progress towards those deadlines Ability to be a self-starter and can provide leadership Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements are a plus Bachelor's degree in engineering (computer science is preferred) MBA / Master s Degree is plus Exposure and knowledge of (and some experience) in Big Data technologies is a plus Experience with cloud-based solutions Consulting experience with client interfacing role is a plus.
- Prior experience (> 3 years) in designing, building and managing technology implementations in data management (enterprise level) in Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Lifesciences industry
- Deep expertise in one of the following:
- Data modeling, DDS/ADS Design, OR MDM (i.e. Match & merge, Survivorship, & Downstream integration)