SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training; 3+ years experience on one platform, multi database, multi language or multi business application, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong object oriented design and implementation experience
- 3+ years involved in all the phases of Software Life Cycle
- Deep understanding of SOAP and RESTful web services, Data Loader, Bulk API, and streaming APIs with a strong Integration technology background
- Required Specific Technical skills (Hardware/Software)
- Extensively hands-on experience in Java technologies, including but not limited to:
- Core java, j2EE,Spring frameworks, microservices patterns, Angular, ReactJS, GraphQL, Data layer (JPA/Hibernate), Cloud, AWS, Terraform.
- Design skills - Application of Design Patterns, UML (optional)
- SDLC - Agile methodologies
- REST, SOAP/XML - Web services
- CI/CD tools - Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, Maven/Gradle, Sonar, Artifactory, Jira, Checkmax, rabbitmq, mongoDB, pl/SQL, Angular JS, Node JS.
- Other tools - Appdynamics, Splunk, Chef/Puppet/ansible, dockers
- US Health insurance industry experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.