Position: Senior Developer
Salary: Open plus 12-15% Bonus
Contact: Martin Hendricks / (630) 392-2515 / email@example.com
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The position is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and tier 3 support and operation of store systems across multiple departments and business functions. They will also be responsible for leading software selection, development and implementation of innovative, technology-based solutions.
As a senior member of the IT team this individual will be a thought leader expected to stay up to date on technological advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements to processes and procedures.
At times this individual may have responsibility for coordinating and providing oversight for the development implemented by team members or third party partners, both onshore and offshore.
The role will require close collaboration and coordination with Business departments, Database Administrators, Network Engineers, Server Engineers, Enterprise Architects, DevOps Engineers, Store Systems, Marketing Systems, E-Commerce, IT Operations, Project Management Office, SAP Development, SAP Basis and SAP Functional teams.
For projects, responsibilities include overseeing, identifying and executing all required Development and Integration tasks. This includes definition of scope, resources, schedule & budget. Development/Integration tasks include, but not limited to, oversight of internal and external resources, design and code reviews, technical specification document management, development, unit and integration testing, tier 3 on-call support.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a sound production environment for integrations while at the same time participating in multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
• Experience interacting with Business users and Vendors
• Vendor management
• Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
• Create and maintain technical specifications from functional/business requirements
• Create technical documentation to facilitate ongoing production support activities.
• Object oriented programming
• Open source technology preferred (Node.js, React.js, HTML5, CSS 3, Postgres)
• Coordinate, design and implement solutions from Blueprint, Configuration, Testing and Training through post-implementation support.
• Understand and apply Project Management methodologies and procedures.
• Adhere to change management policies and procedures.
• Provide Tier 3 On-Call support.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Active listener
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Computer Science.
• 5 plus years of hands-on object oriented development.
• Microsoft technology nice to have (.NET, SQL Server)
• Normal Office demands including 24/7 on call production support rotation
1770 N. Park St, Suite 100 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact