VariQ is seeking a Senior Developer to be a key member of its team to support mission critical web applications for our Federal Government customer. They will be responsible for identifying and implementing design solutions associated with the requirements. The senior developer will lead agile team members, work with junior developers on coding and testing, participate and lead peer reviews, work with business analysts, stakeholders, and project managers on user story development, costing and cutting.Additional Information:
- Location: Contractor site, Rockville, MD or other designated location
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain an IRS Public Trust Clearance
- Available: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Design and implement internal and external APIs
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we continually improve our code base
- Participate and lead agile teams
- Support developers with code reviews
- Participate in all testing and test automation (system, browser, Section 508, user acceptance, application security scanning coordination, incident management application support)
- Input test plans, test cases, test pass/fail results into JIRA and maintain traceability
- Analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems.
- Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent discipline and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 7 or more years of experience writing code using languages, environments and frameworks such as, Java, JSP, Angular, J2EE, XML, JSON, HTML, SOAP, SQL (DB2, Oracle)
- Advanced understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies including SCRUM, Kanban, Lean.
- Test automation experience using tools such as Selenium
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.