At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
The Senior Development Engineer, Network Operations Management is a member of the R&D team who is passionate about working on cutting edge technologies(SDN, network analytics,macro-services based architecture) to deliver excellent customer experience by supporting world class Network Management products(Micro Focus Network Operations Management) for fortune 100 companies. Engineer would be responsible for understanding the customer deployment environment, providing technical resolution of current issues, influencing scrum team and product manager towards product quality initiatives.
Senior Development Engineer, Network Operations Manager
- Develops understanding of customer deployment environment.
- Owns and drives high quality resolution of reported current product technical issues.
- Provides high quality defect fixes and new features.
- Ensures timely release of high quality product patches.
- Contributes towards patch process improvement initiatives.
- Delivers excellent customer experience and meets or exceeds Micro Focus Software metrics.
- Provides on-site or on-the-phone deployment support of Network Product family.
- Communicates high impact product issues and customer experiences to development team in order to improve quality of future product release
- Reviews and evaluates designs to ensure long term adaptability and sustainability. Champions processes that ensure very high quality product releases
- Encourages and contributes to innovation that is aligned with the business
- Provides R&D inputs into the product/suite functional roadmap and represents the team in the wider architect community
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 8 - 10 + years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8+ years of software development experience including Java, J2EE, JBoss, JMS, JMX,Java script, Spring, Hibernate, XML, SQL, Oracle, Perl, VBS, and shell scripting languages
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate(both written & verbal) and share solution with CPE and development engineers, MF Support and customers
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure environment
- Experience working directly with challenging, demanding support engineers and customers
- Experience with network management, network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and
- networking technologies (SNMP, ICMP, HSRP, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, etc.)
- Development and troubleshooting experience with Linux, Windows server operating systems
- Strong teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Preferred experience in enterprise product requirements such as security, high scale, multi-tenancy, high availability, supportability etc.
- Desirable – expertise in Docker, Kubernetes, micro-services based architecture
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.